Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

 
My grandma's beignet recipe! It was a little more pancake-y on the inside than I wanted, but there were still really good. And I didn't set the apartment on fire by frying! Yay! :)

 
Last night's dinner. It was mashed potatos (authentic Idaho spuds :P) and lemon rosemary asparagus. mmm :)

 
Tuna pancakes! This is a classic at my house! It's eggs, tuna, crumbled saltine crackers, a drizzle of milk and mustard for flavor. I didn't have any worschester sauce, but that can also be added. All the measurements are guesstimated, and fried like a pancake. :) And then I always add salt.


 
A homemade strawberry slushie that I made before I left for school. It was frozen strawberries, water, fruit drink powder, and I think there was a little bit of sugar as well.

 
simple mashed potatoes, pan-fried mushrooms and asparugus.

 
First time making deviled eggs for myself, and they were delicious! :)

2 comments:

  1. You are a braver soul than I for deep frying...you'll have to tell me how it went. And I LOVE that you are cooking more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it, too! It's a lot of fun and good learning experiences! :)

      Delete